This week, we’re pairing Duvel Golden Ale with Thomas Keller’s potato blinis, topped with crème fraîche and caviar. Oh yeah, we’re starting the new year off with a bang.
We discuss (among other things):
• Beer Safari’s first award ever (we’re so proud)
• The future of the Zeroface Project
• Food Network has brought back “A Cook’s Tour” for one final go-around before their rights to the series expire (Bourdain is a turd in the Food Network punchbowl yet again)
• Ad Hoc’s new “Burgers and Half Bottles” restaurant
• Disney’s new Mickey Mouse Burger Patties
• FDA Approval of cloned livestock
• Why supermarkets are the enemy of the Farmer’s Market (and you)
• The Cheesecake Factory (and every restaurant like them) is a good reason why America is fat
If you like the music in this episode, download “Space Dock” by Chris Zippel in the iTunes Store.