I don’t pimp restaurants too often, but I have to give some love to one of my favorite breakfast places because we visited there recently and I wanted to share this place with you. It’s an old restaurant called Felix’s Continental Cafe and they specialize in Cuban food. It’s a hot spot for breakfast and there’s a ton of outside seating. Listen to the show now.
Cuban cuisine is a mix of many different types of Cuisine – mainly Spanish, African and Caribbean. Cuban recipes share spices and techniques with Spanish and African cooking, and they’ll use some Caribbean influence for spice and flavor.
Other topics include:
• A huge rant on Anheuser Busch and their “Busch League” advertising tactics
• Many thanks to all of you for your support of my “Grill It!” video
• Review of King Corn on DVD, including audio samples
• Several news items covering food shortages throughout the world. Food fight, anyone?
• Stone Brewing’s Imperial Russian Stout – maybe my all time favorite stout, period.
• PETA is nuts . . . I mean, really nuts.
• Kentucky Grilled Chicken
Music in this episode: “Chilly” by TNT Recordings. Buy it in the iTunes Store.