The Dodgers may have been dominated by the Philadelphia Phillies in the MLB playoffs, but I’m not going to hold it against them, or their food. Everyone has their favorite sandwich. Ask anyone what their favorite sandwich is and they’ll give you an answer. For some, it’s the sub. Others may like a Rueben, a grilled cheese sandwich, or maybe just a hamburger. For me, it’s the Philly Cheesesteak. Here in Southern California, the closest we can get to an authentic Philly Cheesesteak is from Philly’s Best, a chain that imports authentic ingredients from Philadelphia.
Also in this episode:
• Kilt Lifter Scotch Ale from Moylan’s
• Like horror movies? Join me in two weeks for a special Halloween episode, try your hand in the Scary Movie Quote Game, and win a bottle of The Bruery’s Autumn Maple, the perfect Fall beer.
• Food shortage problems in Cuba
• BeachGreens now delivers fresh local produce to your home or business
• Tony Madone and his Colorado-based farm-to-table project
• A rep for Budweiser throws his weight around at some indie bands from Muncie
• New documentary about young up-and-coming farmers, The Greenhorns.
Check out my pictures from Philly’s Best.
Music in this episode by Pendulum. Download it in the iTunes store.