My favorite restaurant finally comes home. With the recent release of Thomas Keller’s Ad Hoc at Home Cookbook, my kitchen is complete. It’s a book filled with recipes for family-style comfort meals, cooked with French techniques, as only Thomas Keller can do.
In episode 47, I recap my recent Ad Hoc Fried Chicken Kit experiment, and share the recipe from the Ad Hoc at Home cookbook (kind of – you need to buy the book if you want real measurements), and compare how the recipe and techniques from the book compare to the store-bought kit.
• Food Inc. DVD deleted scenes – worth the price of the entire disc
• Ad Hoc at Home Cookbook, and the Cookbook @ Home blogging craze
• How the Ad Hoc Fried Chicken Kit compares to the Ad Hoc at Home Cookbook recipe
• Anthony Bourdain’s Alternate Universe – Is this where Tony jumps an animated shark?
• Paula Deen’s Donut Burger – Is it hers, or is it verboten to call her out?
• Top 10 worst dining trends in the last decade
• David Chang – the next big rock star chef, or just another asshole in the kitchen?
Special thanks to VBS.TV for the feature on Chef David Chang from Momofuku. Watch the whole thing in its entirety here.
NOTE: I recorded this show just short of the Podcast Awards nominations, so I was unable to include the results of nominations on the show. Unfortunately, we did not make it this year, but I thank all of you who took the time out of your day to nominate the show. Apparently, we didn’t make the grade this time around.
However, our good friend Bob at The Baub Show did get nominated in the Entertainment category, and I hope all of you can show some love for Bob once nominations open November 13th. I am very proud of him and his show, and I’m urging all of you to help Bob launch his way to the top. His show is awesome, and it would be a well deserved award for him.
Share this Post