Leave it to the Stougaards to turn what we expected to just be a quiet, unassuming evening dining in LA into an indelible memory.
When Katrina and I planned to visit Debbie Lee’s Seoul Town Tapas at The Bread Bar (home of Ludo Bites 2.0 and the on-going Hatchi Series), we went with the sole intention of tasting her take on Korean “pub grub,” then going home. Chef Lee’s dishes did not disappoint, as they mixed classic Korean flavors with the soulfulness of Southern cuisine.
Then the texts from Jo began.
Next thing we know, we’re leaving Seoul Town Tapas, driving 5 blocks down the street to join Jo and Peter at DaVinci Restaurant to taste Chef Jason Fullilove’s Spring Menu. In yet another evening when I wish I had multiple stomachs, my palate was treated to new flavors, textures, and cooking techniques that reminds me just how hard chefs work every day to entertain us.
In this episode:
• The lashing out against Jamie Oliver’s Food Revolution is puzzling.
• Chico Unified School District’s lunch program doesn’t want competition from your mother.
• Kellerweiss Hefeweizen from Sierra Nevada
• Seoul Town Tapas by Chef Debbie Lee
• Chef Jason Fullilove’s Spring Menu at DaVinci Restaurant
• Cooking Sauerkraut in your home? Neighbor of the year.
• A racially-motivated typo sends an Australian cookbook publisher back to the press.
• What’s really in a Twinkie? And how the hell did I end up talking about orgasms?
And don’t forget to join the My Life as a Foodie group on Facebook! Why? Not sure, but why not?